The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™ Confirms 21 Cars Will Benefit Organizations Across the Nation
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. (January 10, 2013) – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, announced today that 21 unique charity vehicles have been consigned and will cross the block at the company’s upcoming Scottsdale auction held at WestWorld January 13-20, 2013.
Along with its generous partners, Barrett-Jackson chose charities benefitting children, military personnel, medical research and community support, which will help improve communities across the nation. The Scottsdale charity vehicles, listed by auction day, are as follows:
Tuesday, January 15
- Lot #3000 1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall – Full frame-off restoration started in 1996 and completed in 2006. All proceeds to benefit Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Research Center.
Wednesday, January 16
- Lot #3003 2013 Ford Mustang GT NASCAR Race Car - One-of-a-kind Ford Mustang NASCAR road race car, designed and built by Rusty Wallace. The car features an 800hp powertrain, dual racing seats and all proceeds to benefit the NASCAR Foundation.
Thursday, January 17
- Lot #3004 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Custom Pickup – The “Rough Riders” 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, created by Sanderson Ford to raise money for the Arizona Special Olympics.
- Lot #3005 2010 Indian Chief Black Hawk Custom Motorcycle - Thunder Black Smoke with Jack Daniel’s paint work and Southern hide leather. All proceeds to benefit Camp Southern Ground and will be sold as a pair with Lot 3005.1.
- Lot #3005.1 2010 Indian Chief Vintage Custom Motorcycle - Pearl White with Jack Daniel’s paint work and Southern hide leather. All proceeds to benefit Camp Southern Ground and will be sold as a pair with Lot 3005.
- Lot #3006 2013 Chevrolet Corvette Guy Fieri 427 Convertible – This Guy Fieri edition was designed and created for the restaurant mogul. It features a 7.0-Liter LS7 aluminum-block V8 engine. All proceeds to benefit Cooking with Kids.
- Lot #3007 1961 Chevrolet Impala Custom 2 Door Coupe - One-off custom Impala bubble top. No expense was spared to give this classic all the modern upgrades and conveniences. All proceeds to benefit Cox Charities and Childhelp.
Friday, January 18
- Lot #3008 2013 Shelby GT500 FastBack – This is a one-of-a-kind GT500 with stunning white exterior with 20″ white wheels. All proceeds to benefit the Edith and Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Institute.
- Lot #3009 2008 Shelby GT Barrett-Jackson Edition – This is a rare Shelby GT that has been upgraded by TMS Autosports. All proceeds will benefit the TGEN Foundation.
- Lot #3010 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible – This 1958 Regal Turquoise Chevy Corvette is owned by General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson. All proceeds to benefit Habitat for Humanity.
- Lot #3011 1953 Ford F-100 Custom Pickup - WD-40/SEMA Cares Foose 1953 Ford F-100. Designed by Chip Foose, this custom 1953 Ford F-100 commemorates the 60th Anniversary of WD-40 multi-use product. All proceeds to benefit SEMA Cares.
- Lot #3012 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch Crew Cab Pickup - Modified by Galpin Auto Sports as the ultimate tailgate vehicle with wide screen TVs and a stainless steel barbeque grill. All proceeds to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Saturday, January 19
- Lot #3013 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra Fastback -This one-only GT500 “Cobra” is a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby by “Friends of Carroll”. All proceeds to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Lot #3014 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Copo Convertible – This rare, high performance vehicle. This COPO Camaro Convertible is number 69 of 69 produced. All proceeds to benefit the American Heart Association.
- Lot #3015 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo NASCAR Jeff Cordon #24 - Raced 14 times with two wins, four top fives and five top ten finishes. All proceeds to benefit AARP Drive To End Hunger and is sold on Bill of Sale only. It will be sold as a pair with Lot 3015.1.
- Lot #3015.1 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Street Version Race Car - Designed and built by Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC, one of only 24 built. All proceeds to benefit AARP Drive To End Hunger and it will be sold as a pair with Lot 3015.
- Lot #3016 Chevrolet – A special Chevrolet model will be revealed and bidders will have the opportunity to take home this one-of-a-kind vehicle. All proceeds to benefit Center for Creative Studies.
- Lot #3017 2009 Ford F-150 King Ranch Super Crew Pickup – This truck was delivered to President George W. Bush shortly after he finished his second term as President. All proceeds to benefit the Fisher House Foundation.
Sunday, January 20
- Lot #3018 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible – First 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible produced for retail sales featuring an all-aluminum 6.2-Liter supercharged engine with 580hp and 556lb/ft of torque. All proceeds to benefit Achilles International.
- Lot #3019 2010 Ford Mustang GT Custom Fastback - Custom designed by Steve Carpenter of Galpin Auto Sports, all proceeds to benefit the Austin Hatcher Foundation.
- Lot #2020 1969 Ford Bronco Custom SUV - Complete frame-off rotisserie restoration with a completely brand new drivetrain including engine, transmission, transfer case and axles. All proceeds to benefit the Armed Forces Foundation.
“Every year, I am amazed by the generosity of our sponsors and Barrett-Jackson Fans and this year is no different,” said Craig Jackson, Barrett-Jackson Chairman and CEO. “What better way to kick off the 2013 auction year than with a giving spirit. I’m looking forward to seeing how much money we can raise for these fantastic charities.”
“The 2013 Scottsdale charity vehicles represent a wide variety of incredible cars and a group of amazing organizations that Barrett-Jackson is proud to work with,” stated Steve Davis, President of Barrett-Jackson. “Whether you’re raising your bidder’s paddle or cheering from the audience, there are going to be some incredible moments at this event.”
SPEED will broadcast 40 hours of live, high-definition TV coverage of the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction from Tuesday – Sunday, January 15 – 20. Tuesday through Thursday the auction will be broadcasted from 5:00pm to 10:00pm MST, Friday and Saturday from 12:00pm to 11:00pm MST and Sunday 12:00pm to 4:00pm MST.
For more information about Barrett-Jackson, specific timed lots and to purchase tickets to the event, visit http://www.barrett-jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” in Scottsdale, Ariz., Palm Beach, Fla., and
Each description contained herein is provided by the consignor for the purpose of describing the item offered for sale. The accuracy of a description is the responsibility of the consignor and Barrett-Jackson is not responsible for any errors contained in a description or for the failure of a consignor to produce any item for sale. Please conduct your own inspection before making a purchase and refer to the Barrett- Jackson website for complete terms and conditions of sale.
Sanaz Marbley/Allyson Molina
JMPR Public Relations / (818) 992-4353
Stacy Pearson/Tiffany Shultz
# # #