FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
High Resolution Images Available; Photo Credit Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
AUTO LEGENDS TO PARTICIPATE, CONSIGN, BID, MAKE HISTORY
Rusty Wallace on the Block, VIN #1s of Mustang, COPO and Z28 to Cross the Block
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. (Jan. 7, 2013) – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, announced a strong January showing by auto industry and motorsports players. Some industry leaders will be onsite to consign, some to bid and some to be a part of the action. Whether it’s Gene Simmons endorsing a custom Ford truck or Rusty Wallace auctioning a car to benefit the NASCAR Foundation or a chance to bid on the Michael Schumacher 1998 Ferrari F300, 2014 will make history at the company’s 43rd Annual Scottsdale Auction, Jan. 12-19, at the all-new facility at Westworld of Scottsdale.
“Barrett-Jackson has a strong legacy of working with the auto industry as well as the racing side to raise money for local and national charities,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “This year, in Scottsdale, we will have numerous cars, consignors and players from the industry, which always makes for a dynamic auction. The cars crossing the block to benefit charities continues Barrett-Jackson’s long tradition of making a difference. That difference, over our history, has been that Barrett-Jackson has raised more than $60 million for charitable causes.”
• 1987 OLDSMOBILE FIRENZA WARREN JOHNSON’S NHRA PRO STOCK RACECAR (Opening Night Gala) – Benefitting the Darrell Gwynn Foundation.
• Lot #3000 1967 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 2 DOOR COUPE – Benefitting the Phoenix Children’s Hospital for neuro-oncology research. When – Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at approximately 6 p.m. About – LS 376 E-Rod, 430hp, 5-speed transmission, 12-bolt posi, air conditioning, coil over suspension, Baer brakes and power steering.
• Lot #3001 2013 FORD MUSTANG 2 DOOR COUPE – Benefitting the Barrett-Jackson Cancer Research Fund at TGen. When – Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at approximately 8 p.m. About – The winning bidder will receive the first retail production vehicle, VIN #1, of this tire-slaying Mothers Ford Mustang RTR Spec 3, which was co-created by Mothers Polish and Formula Drift champion, Vaughn Gitten Jr. Debuted at the 2012 SEMA Show, it has toured the country and appeared in numerous publications, online and TV.
• Lot #3002 2012 FORD F-350 PICKUP – Benefitting SEMA Cares, Childhelp and Victory Junction Charities. When – Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at approximately 6 p.m. About – Designed by Chip Foose, the WD-40 Specialist/SEMA Cares Foose Ford F-350 represents new WD-40 Specialist product line.
• Lot #3004 2013 FORD FUSION NASCAR RACE CAR – Benefitting the NASCAR Foundation When – Thursday, January 16, 2014 at approximately 8 p.m. About – One-of-a-kind Rusty Wallace-designed Ford Fusion NASCAR Sprint Cup car, featuring nearly 900 ground-pounding horsepower and dual racing seats. Sold on Bill of Sale only.
• Lot #3005 1979 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS HURST COUPE – Benefitting the TGEN Foundation. When – Friday, January 17, 2014 at approximately 6 p.m. About – First used by Linda Vaughn as a daily driver.
• Lot #3007 2014 CHEVROLET CAMARO COPO 2 DOOR COUPE – Benefitting Achilles Freedom Team of Wounded Veterans. When – Friday, January 17, 2014 at approximately 8:30 p.m. About – The winning bidder will receive the first retail production vehicle, VIN #1, of 69 units. LS-based 350cid racing engine featuring a 2.9 Liter Whipple screw-type supercharger and Turbo 400 heavy-duty automatic racing transmission. Sold on Bill of Sale only.
• Lot #3008 1959 CESSNA L-19E AIRPLANE – Benefitting the Armed Forces Foundation. When – Saturday, January 18, 2014 at approximately 1 p.m. About – Own a piece of military history, restored Cessna ’59 L-19 Bird Dog liaison plane and ’59 Dodge M37 Utility vehicle. Sold with Lot 3008.1.
• Lot #3008.1 1958 DODGE M37 MILITARY TRUCK – Benefitting the Armed Forces Foundation. When – Saturday, January 18, 2014 at approximately 1 p.m. About – This 1958 M37 ¾ Ton military truck powered by Dodge has a 320ci engine, 4-speed manual transmission and is a 4-wheel drive. Sold with Lot 3008.
• Lot #3009 2014 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 2 DOOR COUPE – Benefitting Ikan. When – Saturday, January 18, 2013 at approximately 4 p.m. About – Dreamakers LV-1/ZL-1 Special Edition W-Machine 2014 Chevrolet Camaro designed by Doc Watson. Sold with Lot 3009.1.
• Lot #3009.1 2014 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS CONVERTIBLE – Benefitting Ikan. When – Saturday, January 18, 2013 at approximately 4 p.m. About – Dreamakers LV-1 Special Edition Linda Vaughn 2014 Chevrolet Camaro designed by Doc Watson. This is the first production black and gold LV-1 convertible. Sold with Lot 3009.
• Lot #3010 2015 FORD MUSTANG GT 2 DOOR FASTBACK – Benefitting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. When – Saturday, January 18, 2014 at approximately 7:30 p.m. About – New sophisticated design represents the next 50 years of the Mustang. Powered by the throaty 5.0 Liter V8, the 2015 Mustang GT now features an upgraded valve train and cylinder heads that yield more than 420 horsepower and 396ft/lbs of torque.
• Lot #3011 2014 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z/28 2 DOOR – Benefitting Cornerstone Schools. When – Saturday, January 18, 2014 at approximately 8:30 p.m. About – The winning bidder will receive the first retail production vehicle, VIN #1. Powered by an LS7 hand-assembled naturally aspirated small block 7.0 Liter V8 engine with 505hp and 481ft/lbs of Torque (SAE-Certified) and a Tremec TR6060 manual transmission.
“When our customers see a good cause needing support, the atmosphere in the auction arena is magical. Barrett-Jackson is devoted to increasing awareness of these charities by offering a platform for raising funds with the sale of these amazing vehicles,” added Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “It‘s inspiring to see how people can come together and share a common vision to help these organizations. We believe in supporting worthy organizations and the nearly $60 million in charitable contributions to date is a testament to that philosophy.”
For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit http://www.barrett-jackson.com or call 480-421-6694. To purchase tickets, please visit http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale/tickets/.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson, the world’s leading collector car auctions and automotive lifestyle events, specializes in providing products and services to astute classic and collector car owners and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™ in Scottsdale, Ariz., Palm Beach, Fla., Reno Tahoe, Nev. and Las Vegas, Nev., where hundreds of the world’s most sought-after, unique and valuable automobiles cross the block in front of a global audience. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance offering for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. With an unprecedented expert staff, including Craig Jackson, Steve Davis and Gary Bennett who have over 130 years of combined experience in the automotive field, Barrett-Jackson offers the most diverse and desirable inventory accompanied with trustworthy and transparent customer service. More information about Barrett-Jackson, including details on expanded television coverage on the FOX family of networks which includes the National Geographic channel, can be found at www.barrett-jackson.com, or by calling (480) 421-6694. ‘Like’ us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @Barrett_Jackson.
Each description contained herein is provided by the consignor for the purpose of describing the item offered for sale. The accuracy of a description is the responsibility of the consignor and Barrett-Jackson is not responsible for any errors contained in a description or for the failure of a consignor to produce any item for sale. Please conduct your own inspection before making a purchase and refer to the Barrett- Jackson website for complete terms and conditions of sale.
FleishmanHillard / (704) 905-2912
Stacy Pearson/Tiffany Shultz
Up Agency / (602) 577-6888
# # #